Saturday, October 25, 2008

Remembering a life lost...

I meant to post this a long time ago...but I kept forgetting to do so.



On October 17th 2006 a friend of mine lost her mother.



It was a difficult time. I remember listening as she spoke over speaker phone to her MANY close friends, explaining why she was gone. (Because people notice when she is missing...) I was on the other side of a wall because I already knew what she was going to say during the phone call, along with a couple others.



She was amazingly strong through that difficult time, and I will always remember that. Her family was so supportive (and still is) it blew me away.



So in memory of her mother, I made a card. (The card is still at my house because I didn't have stamps...I just stole a couple from my mom so I'll be able to send that card and mail off my ballot! I'm terrible...but better late than never.) Her mother loved sunflowers, and this was the closest thing to a sunflower I had at the time...



Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Whisper White Craft ink
Paper: Creamy Caramel CS, Whisper White CS, Bella Rose DSP, Riding Hood Red CS
Accessories: Linen thread, Paper Piercer, paper-piercing pad, paper-piercing template, scallop edge punch

No comments:

Post a Comment