Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not just for Christmas, my friends!

You might think that the Season Of Joy stamp set, (shown above) is only for Christmas, which, I actually thought before this weekend. I was stamping like crazy in preparation for my first workshop ever! My mom hosted this workshop at her house, and I'm not going to lie, I had butterflies during the drive over! :D

It went pretty well, the ladies loved the Country Living Promotion that starts in November, so much so that we might actually place this workshop on November 1st so the ladies can buy the Kit! :D So anyway, I was struggling to find a card to have the ladies make. I was limited by the fact that my mom wanted a Christmas card, which really isn't much of a limitation, as I have like 3 or more Christmas stamp sets....the real limitation was that I wanted to use some of the bulk buy paper I have, and was trying to force something to work. The first card I made is this one:


I didn't really like it. I thought others wouldn't like it, and so I moved on. (The more I look at it though, I really do like it.) Who would have thought that Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss would be on a Christmas card??
Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Whisper White CS, Tangerine Tango CS, Kiwi Kiss Textured CS, Frosty Day DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Whisper White Grosgrain 1/4" ribbon, scallop edge punch
Techniques: Masking
The Masking Technique was actually used for all of these cards. All you do is stamp the flower, or main image on the cardstock, and also stamp it on a scrap piece of computer paper. Cut out the computer paper image so that you have a little weensy bit of white showing, this is your "mask" (in other words you can see all of the image, plus a small border of paper.) Cover the main image with the mask, and stamp around the image as desired. The mask protects the main image and makes it pop out a bit. Cool huh? And pretty easy too! :D


This was the second card I made, and I settled on it as my workshop card. I felt that it would be accepted easier as a more "traditional" Christmas card, with the typical Green, white and red colors. You might notice a little mark of red ink where is shouldn't be, that is only because it fell onto a sponge dauber with Riding hood Red ink on it...it didn't completely ruin the card so no one was injured! ;)
Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Whisper White CS, Riding Hood Red CS, Chocolate Chip Textured CS, Garden Green CS
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Whisper White Grosgrain 1/4" ribbon, scallop edge punch, Wide oval punch, sponge daubers, white half-pearls from pretties kit
Techniques: Masking

So once I was done with the card for the workshop, I had to start working on a card for a swap tomorrow. It is a swap with my Upline and her downline (so my "sisters") Only 6 of us will be swapping so it wasn't too difficult for my first ever swap! I hope they like the card. The theme was friendship or thank you. I looked at my first attempt, and said "that could be a thank you card!" Then I looked through my stamp sets for a "thank you" stamp and finally found one I liked in Enjoy every moment!

Stamps: Season of Joy, Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Whisper White CS, Tangerine Tango CS, Kiwi Kiss Textured CS, Frosty Day DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Whisper White Grosgrain 1/4" ribbon, scallop edge punch, pretties kit Rhinestone brad, paper piercer, paper piercing pad, dimensionals
Techniques: Masking

It was a pretty productive week, and now I've got to get to work on a project for something else! I might be able to start this week, I just need a few things first!

If you're still with me through this long post, thanks for looking!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment