Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My First time Tackling a Challenge!

In the world of card making/scrapbooking there is a website called Split Coast Stampers (SCS) I will be adding it to my links of interest. On this website you can find Galleries of cards that people have posted. There are forums you can ask questions on. It is an amazing place to go. Since I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I have access to a SU! only section. (But the site is just as good for anyone else).

One aspect of SCS that I am intrigued by is the Challenges. These challenges are posted on specific days either on a certain day of the week, or monthly. And most of them are just for fun. This week I participated in my first ever Challenge. The SU! Monthly Demo Planner Challenge. This challenge has a card sketch (the specific layout) and a color combo. I chose the color combo: Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black. And I pretty much stuck to the sketch. It isn't my favoritest card (yes, favoritest is a word...in my dictionary) So I think I'll be mailing this one out. I still enjoyed participating in this challenge. So anticipate more challenges in the future.

I love this stamp set! Everytime I see an owl I am reminded of my grandma (on my mom's side) She collected owls. It is a pleasant reminder of a wonderful woman!

Stamps: Love owl-ways
Paper: Pink Passion textured CS, Rainbow sherbet DSP, Whisper White CS.
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Passion
Accessories: Basic Black Ribbon, White half-pearls,
Techniques: Ink and Blender pens
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 1

1 comment:

  1. That has to be the cutest card ever! I LOVE the owl and the hearts, que cute ;)

    ReplyDelete