Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day

I had a lot of fun in my craft room for Father's Day this year. :)

This first card I made for my dad. He likes to golf and I had this card pinned on a board of mine, and decided it would be perfect for him. The sentiment is on the inside of the card (and I didn't take a picture of it.) 

I used a retired set for the "9" (Look Who's turning) and some retired paper (the cloud background). 

I love the versatility of the Pennant Parade set (it is used for the trees and the banner) and the coordinating punch (that punched out the banner and the trees). Who wants to cut stuff out by hand when you can use a punch!?

Stamp Sets: Pennant Parade, Look Who's Turning (R)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Garden Green, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1 3/8" circle punch, Petite Pennant Builder Punch, Small Oval punch, Scallop Edge Border
Accessories: Dimensionals, Sponge dauber,  paper snips, paper trimmer, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, (I cut out the "9" using the dead space from the "8" on my retired Simple Numbers Bigz Die)

This card I made for my husband. I also saw something like it on Pinterest or somewhere...I can't find it now. I just spent about 30 minutes looking... Oh well, just know that I didn't come up with the idea completely on my own, but I didn't copy everything exactly either. 


Stamp Sets: Pennant Parade, Something to Celebrate (R Hostess Set)
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler
Punches: Petite Pennant Builder Punch, Heart to Heart punch (R)
Accessories: Dimensionals, paper snips, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Paper Piercer



This last card I made for my Father-in-law. He is known for grilling so I decided to make him a grill. Again I got this idea from Pinterest. You can see the original card here! Turns out I didn't have a few of the punches she used so I had to improvise a little. 

Stamp Sets: Something to Celebrate (R), Elementary Elegance (R Sale-a-bration set)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker, Tempting Turquoise SWM, Barely Banana SWM (R), Daffodil Delight SWM
Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, White Vellum, Cherry Cobbler, Brushed Silver, Bashful Blue, Whisper White 
Punches: Ornament Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Owl Builder Punch (the largest circle for the wheels)
Accessories: Dimensionals, paper snips, Subtles Glimmer Brads (R), Paper Piercer, Bird with leaves and Flower Bigz Die (R), 3/16" Silver Brad, Top Note Bigz Die

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment