Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Cards

You're probably just as surprised as I am, but I finally have some cards to post! This weekend several wonderful people came to my house and helped me to begin on my wedding invitations! (Special thanks to, My mom, Dad, Aunt J, Jamaal's Mom, and T! I could not have done it without you all!) The design I chose requires embossing, which means that we stamped an image using an ink that does not dry quickly and covered the image with embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heat set the powder. When you heat embossing powder you get a nice raised image. In the case of my invitations it also becomes metallic, because we used silver embossing powder. No pictures yet, the invites are still in pieces, and parts still have to be finished, but it's coming along well!

Before I get to the cards I have a quick sneak peek for you all! Because the Occasions Mini Catalog has several Easter stamp sets in it, SU! is letting customers order a select number of the stamp sets before the rest of the catalog is available for purchase! Check it out here!

So let's get to the cards!


This card I made for a party I had in December. I actually really like this card, and it is pretty simple!
Stamps: Season of Joy, Punch Pals
Paper: Old Olive CS, Real Red Textured CS, Ski Slope DSP (Holiday Mini '08), Whisper White CS, Chocolate Chip CS
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: Signo White Gel Pen, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Not Quite Navy and Summer Sun Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Big Shot, SU! Bigs Top Note Die, Small Felt Flurries, Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch
Techniques: Watercolor

This card I made for Jamaal because he was being very good to me during a very hard day. (My dog ate my $300 phone, and then I discovered that my book collection was starting a mold collection...it was terrible for me.) I think it is really cute, and was super easy!
Stamps: Loads of Love
Paper: Basic Black CS, Very Vanilla CS, Kiwi Kiss Textured CS, Old Olive CS, Pacific Point CS
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Crop-o-dile, Jumbo Eyelets in Pewter, White Signo Gel Pen, Many Marvelous Markers
Techniques: None (unless you consider paper tearing a technique)



Stamps: Forever, To have and to Hold
Paper: Pink Pirouette CS, Very Vanilla CS, Going Gray CS
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Markers in Basic Black, Regal Rose, Going Gray, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Small Polka Dot Texture Plate (for Big shot), SU! Simple Flower Embosslit, Dimensionals
Techniques: None
This card I made for my Fiance's friend's wedding. I really loved the finished product! I have to say this picture does not do this card justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment