Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My eldest nephew joined a club baseball team this year. That means increased funds to support him while he is on the team. So to help out, I made a few cards to sell to support him.

I sold the cards at work, and got requests for some Mother's Day cards, and so these are what I came up with.


This card uses the crayon resist technique. Which makes the rose pop. How I did it: first, I stamped the rose in Jet Black Staz-on on glossy white card stock. Then I used a white crayon to accent the stamp. I started from the center and worked my way out. If I couldn't remember if I shaded a line, I just tilt the paper until I can see the crayon. Then, once all of the image is highlighted, I used a sponge dauber to sponge on Melon Mambo all over the image. I got the idea for this card from here.

Paper: Basic Black CS, Melon Mambo CS, Glossy White CS, Whisper White CS (For the card, I cut Melon Mambo to fit the front of the card.
Ink: Jet Black Staz-on, Melon Mambo
Stamps: All Holidays, Fifth Avenue Floral
Accessories: Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain, Pretties Kit, scallop edge punch, SNAIL adhesive
Techniques: Crayon resist

This card was super easy! The stitched felt comes ready to use, just use adhesive!

Paper: Rose Red CS, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip CS, Shimmery White CS (for sentiment), Whisper White CS (for the card) 
Stamps: All Holidays
Ink: Jet Black Staz-on
Accessories: Dimensionals, Mini Glue dots, SNAIL adhesive, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch


 These flowers I learned how to make here. This card, I think, is beautiful in its simplicity. The only negative is that it could not be mailed in a regular envelope. It would need some sort of protection because the flower, though it looks soft, is actually pretty stiff.

Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Old Olive CS, Shimmery White CS, Soft Suede CS (this time I made the card base out of a color.)
Stamps: All Holidays
Ink: Jet Black Staz-on
Accessories: Paper Crimper, Bone folder, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Silver Brad, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Very Vanilla Silk Ribbon, Water spritzer, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch
Techniques: Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment